Saturday 30 March 2013

Fresh


These gorgeous pictures are from Numéro magazines April issue, starring the always so amazing Kasia Struss who is styled by Bill Mullen. Simply insane, wow wow!

There is hundreds of thousands, I'm guessing millions, personal style and fashion related blogs out there. Blogs that tell stories about fashion and the mysterious world of fashion, but none of them actually tell about the deeper meanings of fashion. I guess most of the people consider fashion only as a superficial billion dollar business, which it is obviously, but I can see something much more in it. I see behind the changing trends, the gorgeous editorial shoots and inspirational catwalk pictures. I see cultural references, stories and a part of history that will last years and years after we are gone. If you think about Medieval era, the time when kings and queens ruled the mighty Europe, don't you think about the clothes and armours they were wearing? That time trends lasted for years, as for now they remain on the surface approximately two to three months. Maybe not even that long. We live in a world of fast fashion where nothing lasts forever. New designers, new trends, things change all the time. And though things change quickly, everybody wants to look trendy and fashionable all the time. The time period of mass fashion is here to stay and the exclusivity of fashion is gone - for good.

I came up with this blog because I thought it would be nice to write some things up, like in to a diary. So let this be the fashionable diary of mine, where I share my thoughts about the always changing world of fashion. Feel free to share your thoughts and visions, anything that comes to your mind.

AND though english ain't my native language, I thought it would be nice to write this in english, 'cause you never know when it comes handy to know thing or two about writing in english. Let's just say that my future plans include a move to a new country...

Peace out, xxx!

No comments:

Post a Comment