Sunday 31 March 2013

Soundtrack to my life

I'm quite a sucker when it is about the culture and different forms of art. I consider fashion and fashion design as an form of art, BUT I don't consider every fashion designer as an artist. Designers who only "design" nice clothes to sell well are not artists, they are only very creative marketers. Designers who in the other hand take risks and try to create something new and avant-garde, can be deliberated as a true artists. Just my opinion - obviously.

Other forms of art and culture that are part of my everyday life are movies and music. I try to listen different kind of music as much it is even possible. I'm alway introducing myself to a new artists to get inspired by, and I find it very liberating when I can't classify myself to a specific music genre.
     What comes to movies, I'm always looking for things that has a controversial mark on it, because things that put people to think about ethics are always the most powerfull review of experiences. Powerfull story with beautifully build characters and nice visual appearance - plus perfect soundtrack of course - are the things I'm always searching for from the movies I watch. There is the reason why movie directors like Darren Aronofsky, David Lynch, Gaspar Noé, Lars von Trier, Stanley Kubrick and obviously Quentin Tarantino are on the top of my list. They all have the gift to tell a story in a unique way and that's something what should be cherished to the next generations.
     As I told, music plays big part in my movie experiences and I'm always searching for the perfect movie soundtracks. Making the perfect soundtrack to a movie must be hard, 'cause the emotions that are happening on screen must reflect to the music that plays in the background. Usually it is the music that brings the emotions alive and brings the tears or the happiness or even maybe anger to the audience.
I gathered some of my favourite songs from a different movies, as you can see above.  All the songs are kind of grandiose, but all of them fit perfectly to the movies which they are played at.

Pictures are from Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut, Lars Von Trier's Antichrist, Gaspar Noé's Irréversible and von Trier's Melancholia. 

Peace out, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment